Charles Suire Obituary,  Death – The maintenance worker who was found dead in an Ann Arbor hotel from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning has been identified by the police. According to the Ann Arbor Police Department, the body of Charles Suire, who was 49 years old and from Ann Arbor, was discovered on November 28 inside the boiler room of the Victory Inn, which is located at 3750 Washtenaw Ave. Police say they were contacted by Ann Arbor Public Schools at approximately 12:30 p.m. on Monday to perform a health and welfare check on a student who lived at the hotel with his mother and father and who did not report to school after the student, who was 14, did not show up to school.

Officers arrived and met with the teen, who told them that he skipped school because he was worried about his father, Suire, who had left their room at around 3 p.m. the previous day and had not returned, according to the police. Officers also met with the teen, who said that he didn’t go to school because he was worried about Suire. The hotel’s maintenance staff had informed the police that Suire worked there, so the police began searching the hotel for him while also reviewing surveillance footage to determine his whereabouts, according to the police.

According to the police, investigators reviewing surveillance video from the hotel saw Suire enter the boiler room alone at approximately 3 o’clock in the afternoon and did not come out. According to the police, when officers went to the boiler room, they found that it was locked from the inside, which prompted them to call fire crews to the scene so that they could assist in gaining entry. When the door was opened, the body of Suire, who had died of carbon monoxide poisoning, was discovered on the floor. The police say that he had been dead for some time.

In the boiler room, carbon monoxide levels were found to be greater than 500 parts per million, which was the maximum value that could be measured by the equipment used by the fire crews. These levels were also significantly higher than the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s safe threshold of 50 parts per million for an eight-hour work period. According to the police, a carbon monoxide detector that was utilized by crews from DTE Energy that arrived later to assist at the scene revealed that the room had levels of more than 1,000 parts per million of the gas.

According to the police, officers later discovered that the ventilation leading to the boiler room had been blocked by a sheet of steel that had fallen from the roof. According to the police, there is no reason to suspect that Suire committed suicide or that there was any foul play involved in her death because she did not appear to be in any apparent distress in the surveillance video. The official manner and cause of death have not yet been determined by the police because they are waiting for a report from the office of the medical examiner in Washtenaw County.