Frank Gualdino Obituary, Death -A Yonkers police sergeant who had worked for the agency for the preceding 24 years was killed in a multi-vehicle accident on Tuckahoe Road on Thursday afternoon. According to Yonkers police, based on a preliminary investigation into the incident, Sgt. Frank Gualdino was traveling west in an unmarked police car around 3:30 p.m. when an oncoming BMW driver apparently lost control, crossed the yellow lines, and struck both Gualdino’s vehicle and a Westchester County Bee-Line bus on the overpass to the Sprain Brook Parkway. Gualdino’s demise was confirmed on the spot. The sergeant was the only one in the automobile at the time of the event, according to the police. He was sent to the Bronx’s Jacobi Medical Center, where he died shortly after arriving. After some time had elapsed, a row of Yonkers police cars pulled his body out of the trauma facility.

The Yonkers Police Department issued a statement in which it pleaded with the public to remember the sergeant’s family in their prayers and asked them to do so because “our hearts are torn tonight.” Gualdino, 53, was elevated to the position of sergeant in 2019. On October 27, Gualdino assisted other police officers at a burial service for a former Westchester County prison officer. Gualdino provided aid when the man’s 3-year-old grandson collapsed at St. John’s Church, according to a letter of appreciation from the boy’s aunt that was posted on the Yonkers Police Department’s Facebook page a month ago. The youngster was then taken to the hospital by him and another officer.
Gualdino was performing his normal shift on Thursday afternoon when the incident occurred. The police intend to give further information about the crash at a press conference that is set for Friday morning.

When the BMW was engaged in a collision, the driver was the only one inside the vehicle, and he or she was taken to a local trauma center in serious condition. The bus driver’s injuries were not thought to be life-threatening, and several of the roughly 30 passengers on the bus were assessed and treated on the spot for minor to moderate wounds.